For Parents and Caregivers visiting HoustonPBS Kids pages:
You have trusted HoustonPBS for many years to provide responsible and quality content for children. In the realm of the Internet, this trust becomes even more important to you, and to us. We believe the following promises will improve the safety, value, and enjoyment of your child's visits to our site and our affiliated sites.
- If your child sends us an e-mail with a question or comment, or enters one of our contests, we will respond using his or her e-mail, but will not store it for future communications.
- If we know that your child is under the age of 18, we will collect your permission offline (by postal mail, fax or phone) before we mail any prizes.
- If your child submits stories, artwork, comments or anything else to us that is posted on our site, he or she will be identified only by first name, age, and city of residence.
- If you or your child localize to HoustonPBS on pbskids.org, a cookie will tell pbskids.org your station's call letters (KUHT/HoustonPBS). PBS only keeps track of how many computers choose each station. No personal information is stored in the cookie, even if you have entered your name or email address on other parts of PBS Online.
- We also promise to help children, their families and communities find the information they need to use the Internet safely and responsibly.
The HoustonPBS site contains links to third party sites. Most third party links on HoustonPBS Kids pages are to pbs.org, which maintains the same high security, safety and privacy guidelines as HoustonPBS. Since we cannot be assured that links to outside sites follow our safety or privacy guidelines, we encourage adults and children to discuss these choices together. We are not responsible for the content or safety and privacy practices at any sites linked from our pages.
You and your child's use of the HoustonPBS site is conditioned on your having accepted these terms. You should check back with this policy frequently, since it is subject to change from time to time, and your continued use of the site is conditioned upon your acceptance of any modifications hereto.
We want to make the HoustonPBS web site a place where families can surf together, and where parents and caregivers are happy to have their children interact, learn and play. If you have any comments or questions, we're happy to hear them.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy, send us an e-mail at email@example.com.
You may also contact us at:
4343 Elgin Street
Houston, TX 77204-0008